The EMF Medical Conference 2021 is being held in honor of Martin Blank PhD (1933-2018)
EMFMC 2021 is honored to offer a limited number of conference scholarships to qualified physician scientists actively working in the U.S or Canada.
Scholarships are offered in honor of the late Dr. Martin Blank[i], a trailblazing American scientist who worked at the interface of physics, chemistry and biology. Dr. Blank examined the influence of electromagnetic field (EMF) exposures on cellular stress responses, DNA and subsequent down-stream cellular processes. Dr. Blank spent 35 years at Columbia University where he was Associate Professor in the Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics.
[i] Obituary published in the Journal of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, https://www.bems.org/node/15522
He published over 200 scientific papers and his research findings, as well as those of other scientists, led Dr. Blank to become concerned about potentially adverse human health effects of anthropogenic electromagnetic fields in the environment.
Dr. Blank joined with other prominent scientists as an author-contributor to The BioInitiative Report, which serves as a world-wide, web-based reference for individuals seeking information about potential biological actions caused by EMF exposure. His concern about this issue also prompted him help organize and advise an appeal submitted to the World Health Organization and the U.N, Environment Program within the United Nations. This appeal is currently signed by 254 independent scientists in 44 nations who have published EMF papers in professional journals and 15 Scientists who have published in related fields and calls for greater health protection from increasing electropollution from artificial radio frequency electromagnetic fields used by wireless devices and infrastructure.
Who is eligible?
Academic physicians (MD, DO, ND and DC) currently employed full time by a U.S. or Canadian medical school who engage in clinical research in their respective fields.
Physicians of any specialty may apply. This award is intended for physician scientists new to the field of EMF bioeffects who want to learn more and is not intended for individuals with a track record of publication in EMF science.
How to apply?
Submit the following documents to: SGoldberg@salud.unm.edu
1) Academic CV (including an up-to-date list of your publications)
2) Biographical sketch that includes why you are interested in attending EMFMC2021
- What does the scholarship provide? Winners will receive full access, including 16.5 Continuing Medical Education Credits to the EMF Medical Conference 2021 free of charge.
- I don’t have formal grant support; can I still apply? Yes
- I am a full-time academic physician involved in graduate/post-graduate medical education as part of my job. I do very little research, am I still eligible? Yes
- When is the application due and where do I send it? The deadline is Thursday, January 8, 2021 for submitting applications. Send them to Dr. Sharon Goldberg at SGoldberg@salud.unm.edu.
- When will winners be announced? Scholarships will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. Winners will be notified within 7-14 days of application.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about eligibility or the application process?
Contact Dr. Sharon Goldberg at SGoldberg@salud.unm.edu